Monday, November 21, 2011

Mutya ng Batangan 2011


Cuenca’s bet is a young achiever

   While most women her age are still in college, at 19, Jazzy Rose Sañez , Cuenca town’s bet for the 2011 Mutya ng Batangan,  already knows how to earn her own money—as an executive assistant in a big company in Makati City. 
   “I took Tourism for a year, and then Hotel and Restaurant Management at the De la Salle Lipa for three years before I transferred to the Magsaysay Institute of Hospitality and Culinary Arts.  Last year, I graduated from my culinary arts course,” Jazzy Rose said.
    Known to her friends as Petty, four years ago, she has nearly made it to two big pageants in the region as first runner for both Ms. Southern Tagalog Calabarzon Athletic Association (STCAA) 2007 and Ms. Lyceum 2007. 
   But Jazzy Rose wasn’t active only on her career and former student life.  Out of the one million contestants of the hit reality series Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Batch 1,  she was chosen as one of  the top 15  from Manila.
   “I stayed in the PBB House for one day, did tasks given by “Big Brother,” she said.
   Called as the “chocolate girl when she trained at the Hotel Sofitel’s chocolate room, Jazzy Rose’s sweet outlook was made even sweeter.
    “I love my family, specially my mom who taught me discipline and how to be at my best.  In my job, I’m aiming for success and to save money to have my own car before I turn 26,”Jazzy Rose said.
To monitor her progress, she’s keeping a diary that tells her of her own self improvement.

    “My career is very important to me because it’s here where I can take the steps up to success.  I believe in planning ahead because it will eventually lead me to the place where I want to be, and be able to enjoy a comfortable life.  This also gives me a sense of accomplishment and identity,” Jazzy Rose said.
    Though she knows she could get a bigger salary if she works abroad, Jazzy Rose has no plans of being an Overseas Filipino Worker.
    “When I’ve saved enough money, I’m planning to put up an authentic Asian cuisine restaurant,” she said,” I love Asian food, because our own food have its own character that even Americans and Europeans find too hard to resist,” Jazzy Rose said.
    Going home to Cuenca, her hometown, Jazzy Rose finds the air and the place very comforting for her as she spent the happiest of her childhood yearss here.
    “I love Cuenca. This is a town of character, the only mountain town in Batangas where you can just sit, enjoy your barako coffee with the town’s famous breads, while enjoying the best view of Taal Volcano,”Jazzy Rose said,”And it’s such a big honor to be representing my hometown.


No comments:

Post a Comment