Friday, November 25, 2011

Mutya ng Batangan 2011

San Jose’s future HOT  doc

   San Jose, the Philippine’s egg capital will soon have another doctor to join its ranks of good physicians.  Carmina Marcaida, thetown’s representative to the Mutya ng Batangan 2011 is not just a registered nurse, but also a future doctor who dreams of becoming a paediatrician and help the children in her town.
   “Joining the Mutya ng Batangan, I was able to promote our town, the egg capital of the Philippines. I also realized that here, I can be HOT—Help other people, Open to innovations, and Transparent for us to work effectively,” Carmina added.
   Being this HOT, for Carmina also means, taking her dictum to the higher level, even up to the time when she becomes a doctor who will help other people, be open to innovations, and transparent to work effectively.
   Though she now works at the Human Resources Office of her alma mater, the Batangas State Universtiy,  where she sought temporary employment while waiting for the result of the nursing board exam, she she plans to pursue her medical career soon.
   “My dream is really to become a doctor. Since I was a child, I’ve admire doctors so much because I know it takes a lot of guts to be a doctor.  And doctors are really intelligent, brave, and courageous.  They also have a very determined heart to save lives and help the people in need of their expertise,” Carmina said,” That’s also the same traits that nurses have.”
   A Borbonian by heart, Carmina didn’t find working at BSU a difficult task as she knows the university since college, and the people she’s been working with are also her friends since her student days. 
   In 2005  Carmina represented BSU in the search for Ms.  Philippine Association of State Universities and  Colleges (PASUC)  Region IV A and B  Ms. PASUC and got the 1st Runner-Up title.
   But she also plans to work as a nurse after her contract in BSU is finished.
   “I really love the medical profession. I want to study medicine in the future if I’d be given a chance to.  My plan is to save money for that because I know that that is my future,” Carmina said.:)
   Carmina wants to be a paediatrician and be with children.
   “I love children.  And I have this unwavering patience and fondness for them.  Just simply seeing them smile makes me happy too.  I get this feeling of lightness when I’m with children,” she added.
   According to Carmina, helping patients lessen their pain and suffering gives her a kind of fulfilment that cannot be comparable to any amount of money.
When she was training in the hospital, Carmina never lied about to the patients on the pains of  injections
   “Unlike the old school, we tell the patients right away what’s gonna happen and if it will hurt. We don’t give them false hopes and we’d also get them ready for the procedure,” Carmina added, “This honesty in our job helps not only us, but the patients as well.  And this also helps the children prepare themselves and be brave. ”
   With her happy childhood spent in San Jose with her younger brother and cousins in her grandparents’ home, being a child was a wonderful time for Carmina, despite her parents absence.
   “My parents really worked hard for our future, and we know that they love us so much.  Young as we are then, we already understood that their sacrifices were meant to give us a better future,” she said.
    Carmina recalls her parents finally started their own garments business in San Jose when she was in the fifth grade.  Carmina never forgets to ask the opinion of her father, whose influence in her pushed her to work harder in school.
    “I love being with my family and friends in every outdoor activity or even just at home. They make me feel so complete,”Carmina said.
   At  home, Carmina still enjoys reading books specially her favourite novels and John Maxwell books.  Despite the presence of the internet, Carmina still treasures the books she reads at home.
    According to Carmina, the Mutya ng Batangan 2011, where she now represents her hometown, is also like a book for her—something so hot that should be treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment